February 9, 2009

the bird and the bee

I started to miss listening to cutesy indie pop goodness, so I was happily surprised to learn of a new release from the lovely Bird and the Bee duo.  The jazz-inspired electro-pop (how's that for genre defining?) team is made up of Inara George ("bird") and Greg Kurstin ("bee").  Cute, I know.  And that's exactly what their music sounds like too.  Foot tapping, catchy tunes that make you feel like skipping down the street or something of that nature.  Give it a listen.

the bird and the bee: my love
...off their new album released on January 27th called
"Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future"

÷
P.S- Does anyone else have that huge desire to change words like "are" and "the" to lowercase form when typing titles, etc.?  It's so frustrating.  Especially when it makes the title look so awkward and uncomfortable, even when you know it's more proper.  Or am I wrong?  I don't know.  I'm sure someone out there understands what I'm trying to convey.  In any case, I decided  to leave the above album title in it's capitalized form because "Ray Guns are Not Just the Future" looks strangely improper.

1 comment:

Sarah&Meg said...

my dad loves the bird and the bee! aaayyy