January 17, 2009

in the room where you sleep


What if Superman landed in Russia instead of good ol' Kansas?

÷
dead man's bones: in the room where you sleep

     Dead Man's Bones is a band composed of actor Ryan Gosling and Zach Shields.  Hailing from Los Angeles, the band describes themselves as a mix of the gothic and gospel genres.  Quite on the extremity of things, don't you think?  Unless of course they're referring to architecture in the former, then I can see how it ties in with the latter.  I highly doubt that they are though.  I personally find it to be quite surprising that Gosling has musical talent... talent that is pretty admirable.  Something about the children's choir in the background and Ryan, not to mention his borderline bass voice, taking up the foreground is haunting.  And mesmerizing all at the same time.  I'm interested in seeing the direction this band ends up taking.  Now that I think about it, it's kind of reminiscent of Arcade Fire's sounds in Funeral.  Keep in mind the recording is quite choppy and there are evident mistakes but if you're able to look past that, you'll find yourself as interested as I am in what the future holds for this project.  

I strongly recommend clicking this link to the YouTube page and watching the video in HD as the title suggests.  Definitely worth doing it simply for the children's costumes.

No comments: