January 16, 2009

you love my style cause i'm not what you're used to

     Stating my complete legal name usually results in half raised eyebrows and a suspended exhale.  I, personally, don't find it to be particularly lengthy but I suppose I can understand why the action results in an expected reaction... mostly from those with names consisting of two first names.  You know which ones I'm talking about.  I guess I don't really have the authority to poke fun considering that I have been victim to the makeshift party trick of predictable reactions, so you can imagine my delight when I was informed of a body of water located in the United States called....

Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.

Want proof?
     I know exactly what you're thinking right now... siiick.  
     This pronunciation monster is located in Massachusetts and translates to "fishing place at the boundary," though I find Larry Daly's alternative translation to be much more fun: "I fish on my side, you fish on your side, nobody fishes in the middle."  It seems much more of a rewarding explanation once you've "Jedi Master"-ed (yes, I verb-ed it) your way up to reciting the name flawlessly without effort.

As an added bit of information, I thought it might also be interesting to include the place with the longest name in the world, located in New Zealand and goes by the name of...

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

     I'll be honest.  I tried to pronounce it, but decided to stop after I saw myself looking at 6 vowels shoved together like an automobile accident... which is similar to the sound that came out of my mouth when I tried.

Incase you were wondering, I stumbled after Taumatawhakatangihangak and before tamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokai.... 
somewhere along those lines

I recommend the latter as an excellent hideout because anyone trying to find you will surely give up after acquiring a massive migraine, which I'm sure is inevitable.

÷
black milk: overdose
                        the matrix

Good old rap.  Legitimately one of the best albums I have listened to in the latter half of last year.  Black Milk crafts his songs with eloquence and supreme delivery... much more than I can say for most of the rappers featured on mainstream radio stations.  I'm surprised of the lack of attention he's been subject to.  Hear it out.  I'm sure you'll appreciate it on some level.

Did I mention that his beats are sick?

No comments: